This page describes the new features from our current release.
- New way of linking your photos! In the past, if you've wanted to be able to move your photos around, you had to follow a somewhat hackneyed process to create what we were calling a portable project. We've gotten rid of portable projects in favor of a much easier solution--you can now select whether you want your photos to be linked to Tropy using relative paths or absolute paths.
- Archive plugin: You can now bundle Tropy items (photos, metadata, and notes) into a zip archive that you can transfer to another device or user.
- New thumbnail ratios: Tropy now renders your thumbnails with proper aspect ratio (not squares). When you first update, your thumbnails may look weird or stretched because the aspect ratio has changed. They should correct themselves automatically.
- New import options:
- You can now import JPEG2000 and HEIC images.
- You can now move your metadata to a different field without copying and pasting. See how at Add metadata to items.
- You can explore our new print options, including printing without metadata, without notes, or without photos. See how at Print items.
- You can now use Tropy in Spanish!
- You can now export your notes as either HTML (how it was before) or Markdown. See how at Export to JSON-LD.
- If you move your photos to a new location, Tropy can now find them with only a little input from you: see how at Moving Photos.